Lorelai and Rory

Lorelai and Rory
My inspiration!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Yesterday's Mess.

Here's what I actually ate yesterday: 3 musketeers truffle crip bar, big salad with grilled chicken and ff cheese, banana, lean cuisine pizza, 16 reduced fat pringles, 4 sandwich thins, 3 tbs nutella. Exercise: 1 hour gazelle

I don't know what happened to me last night. I had what I call a "mini-binge" with the sandwich thins and nutella. The crazy thing is that it was planned, and I had many chances to avoid it, but still let it happen. It was overeating that I had complete control over, so I guess that does take it out of the binge category. However, it was entirely, 100% emotional eating. I wasn't hungry. I wanted to eat something soft and sweet that would distract me from my feelings, even if only for a moment.

It's moments like that that really make me miss smoking. Yes, I'll admit it: I'm a smoker at heart. I quit smoking in July and it's only recently gotten easy to deal with. But the last couple of days I've yearned for the ability to go outside and light up, just to get away for a few.

I guess that I could still go outside, and go for a walk or just sit there sipping a soda or something. But none of those options are quite as satisfying as a cigarette. The only real solution here is to face my life's problems head-on instead of trying to distract myself and/or run away...

No comments:

Post a Comment